Thursday, October 23, 2008

E-BAY

I joined ebay since 11/Jul/08.

i) My latest experience was there was a new ebayer (pickabookkb) clicked to buy 15 of my items (books) totaling around RM110 including delivery charge. Normally the buyer should ask or negotiate terms before clicking to buy. After clicking to buy is considered sold. After clicking she asked for discount of delivery charge. I offered her a discount of RM5 (to me, my price is too cheap already). She said my delivery charge was too high and refused to buy or pay at all. I accepted as part of experience. But, I have to report to ebay, unless I have to pay to ebay. It took me almost 1 hour to report every single item as unpaid and to relist every one.

ii) I found out that most sellers in ebay are honest. They will give rating or feedback to every buyer (at least I get the feedback from every seller that I'm dealing with). Buyers on that other hand, some of them don't like to give feedback (I have several buyers already who still don't give feedback to me, might be some of them don't want to remain active in ebay).

iii) I use ebay, lelong.com and physical stores to compare price for things that I want to buy especially 'expensive' items like digital camera, handphone etc. I have purchased 2 units of handphones through ebay (after serious comparison). I also purchased 1 unit of digital camera outside ebay (at physical store) for my sister (she asked me to buy). For the particular digital camera, I can get better package at physical store.

iv) I got a negative comment from a buy: 'Book of lies, nasty words written , very unsuitable to be sold' (Buyer: amrie81 ( 1 ), Nov 03, 2008 20:27)

My reply (appeared under his feedback): Very unfair negative feedback. You have not paid & I have not delivered the good

Product:KOLEKSI BUKU2 DSAI: ANWAR KEMBALI BERKUASA (#250318625267) RM 10.00

I complained this matter to ebay & I filed the following (sent to buyer as well for his consideration to review his feedback)

The comment given might be meant for the book content itself & not for my business attitude. Moreover, the buyer has not paid for the book & I have not delivered it. The comment should not be given for the book content itself which is very unfair. I do not control the book content but I can control the book condition. I hope the buyer cannot give feedback until payment settled. If the buyer does not agree with the content of the book, he or she can choose not to buy and not to give negative comment.

Additional comment in this blog: It is very unfair to comment on the book content, as we can see in ebay, it is free enterprise, there are people listing books on religion (can we give negative feedback to someone else of different religion based on his product listing? and books on gay (ex in ebay Australia - if we don't practise gay, it is also not fair to give negative feedback to those selling gay products - it is up to ebay if such products could not be listed in ebay)

There was no reply from him. Later on I filed a claim to ebay management & I was glad to inform that ebay accepted my claim and the negative comment was removed on 7/Oct/08. Following is the reply from ebay:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the feedback that was left on your
feedback profile. This is Jenny and I am more than happy to assist you
further.

I can see why you are disappointed with this transaction and I honestly
believe that you don't deserve the negating rating that was left in your
profile.

After review of the comment in question, we have found that the
requirements for removal have been met. The feedback will be removed in
accordance with our Feedback Removal Policy found at:

http://pages.ebay.com.my/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html

Due to system updating, your feedback score may not reflect this removal
for 24 hours.

I am happy to have been of some assistance to you in this matter. If you
need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this email
and let us know. Have a great eBay day!

Regards,

Jenny S.
eBay Southeast Asia Trust & Safety

No comments: